We are looking for an intern or legal assistant/paralegal to join the legal department to provide support in relation to commercial contracts, renewable energy (solar) projects’ transactions, with a certain amount of corporate transactional work, with some legal compliance and some company secretarial matters. The successful candidate will be part of the legal team (based in China, the US and Germany) and will report to the Senior Legal Counsel responsible for EMEA legal work and international group legal support. The legal team is expanding and currently comprises five lawyers, a para-legal and a global panel of elite international law firms to regional specialist law firms. The Senior Legal Counsel has worked in international law firms and has run legal departments/set up legal departments from scratch, so is keen to create a department in ET Solutions AG that benefits the company, and group.
Work place: Germany, Munich
- Reviewing a range of general commercial contracts, including supply of goods and services terms and conditions/contracts, subcontracts, engineering procurement and construction agreements, operation and maintenance agreements, power purchase agreements, powers of attorney, property legal work and occasional human resources work, with the support of the Senior Legal Counsel;
- Organising and maintaining the EMEA information data base and hard copy filing system;
- Providing support to the EMEA Senior Legal Counsel in relation to occasional commercial disputes’ work (assistance only); and
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of emails/letters/bespoke agreements always under supervision and always with assistance. Drafts contractual and legal project documents (SPA, EPC, Sub-EPC, LOI, MOU, etc.)
Academic and working background
- • Social sciences degree from a well ranked (for Social Sciences) QS World University Ranking in a country where English is a main language of communication in addition to any local language;
- Legal Degree, Legal Practice Course or Bar qualification;
- Private practice and/or in-house legal experience;
- Experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements and legal documents;
- Articulate, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with people at all levels of the organisation, in the UK and abroad;
- Highly proficient in typing own documents;
- Good in the use of MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Sharepoint or other document management systems;
- A positive attitude and the ability to manage own workload.
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and written;
- Other European language skills is a plus.
ET Solar Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation and benefits.
To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter to us: email@example.com